Iranian Ground Troops Are In Syria Fighting Rebels And ISIS

According to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, Syrian troops backed by Hezbollah and Iranian fighters launched an offensive south of Aleppo province in Syria on Friday.  The groups expanded a counter-attack against rebels across western Syria with support from Russian air strikes.

This assault means the army is now pressing insurgents on several fronts near Syria’s main cities in the west, control of which would secure President Bashar Assad’s hold on power even if the east of the country is still held by Islamic State.

The city of Aleppo is only 30 miles from the Turkish border. Aleppo, a commercial and industrial hub near the border with Turkey, was Syria’s largest city before its four-year civil war, which grew out of protests against Assad’s rule.

Control of the city, still home to some two million people, is divided between the government and rebels.

“This is the promised battle,” a senior military source in Syria said of the offensive. The group is backed by “hundreds of Hezbollah and Iranian forces which he said had made some gains on the ground,” according to Haaretz.

Other sources such as Al-Arabia News state that “thousands” of Iranian troops are in the area.

This was the first time Iranian fighters had taken part on such a scale in the Syrian conflict, said the military source, according to Haaretz.

Hezbollah has supported Assad in several battles during the civil war, and said the army was carrying out a “broad military operation”, with support from Russian and Syrian jets, across a front at least 10 miles (15 km) wide from the southwest to southeast of Aleppo. It made no mention of Hezbollah fighters in its statement.

Hezbollah is a Shia Islamist militant group and political party based in Lebanon, writes Wikipedia.

Two senior regional sources said this week that Iran sent thousands of troops to Syria to bolster an offensive already underway in Hama province and ahead of the Aleppo attack, according to Haaretz.

Iran says it has sent weapons and military advisers to support its ally Assad, but has denied providing troops.

In the last week Iranian media have reported the deaths in Syria of three senior officers from Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps. Hossein Hamedani, a corps deputy commander, was killed near Aleppo and two other officers have also died fighting Islamic State forces in Syria, Iran’s Tasnim news agency said.

Two senior Hezbollah officers have also been killed in Syria in the last week, a Lebanese security source said.

Rami Abdulrahman, director of UK-based monitoring group the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, said there were heavy clashes near the Jebel Azzan region, about 12 km (8 miles) south of Aleppo city.

The area that the army and Russian jets were targeting was close to a main road heading south towards the capital Damascus, Abdulrahman said.

The army had recaptured the village of Abtin from rebel fighters, he said, as well as a tank battalion base close to Sabiqiya village. Both villages lie close to Jebel Azzan. Rebels had hit one army tank with a U.S.-made TOW anti-tank missile.

The U.S. is attempting to support “moderate” rebels.  Unfortunately, sources claim that many “moderate” rebels collaborate with ISIS and al Nusra and have exchanged weapons.

The military source said the rebel fighters were mainly from the Islamist group Ahrar al-Sham and al Qaeda’s Syrian wing, the Nusra Front, as well as the Suqour al-Sham and Failaq al-Sham insurgent groups.

(Updated post)

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.680814

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2015/10/15/The-Iranians-are-on-Turkey-s-border.html

What is One America News Network?


TYT Network

What is One America News Network?

Wikipedia:

“One America News Network (abbreviated as OAN, commonly referred to as One America News) is an American cable news television channel that is owned by the Herring Networks, Inc. The network is headquartered in San Diego, California, and operates a news bureau in Washington, D.C. Originally envisioned as a conservative news network, OAN’s stated focus is delivering a credible source of national and international news 24/7. OAN also features political analysis programming and political talk shows, along with network special documentary-style reports; its news coverage attempts to maintain objectivity while its political shows illustrate a stronger conservative lean.

“The channel was launched on July 4, 2013.”

Recently, an anchor on One America News gave a lengthy editorial on the Middle East and ISIS.  TYT Network discusses it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2269540/tomi-lahren-conservative-anchor-becomes-overnight-sensation-after-viral-obama-rant/

Glenn Beck Unaware That Shi’ite Iran Is Fighting Sunni ISIS


Secular Talk

Glenn Beck posted a message on Facebook about the Iran deal and warned of dire consequences, including “a Holocaust, perhaps bigger than the last.”  Beck is currently on medical paid medical leave from his radio show.

Beck wrote how people “mocked him” for warning about the “rise of the caliphate,” but now he’s more convinced that the U.S. has done a deal with a nation that believes in the “end times,” writes MediaITE.

Keep in mind that Sunni ISIS and Shia Muslim Iran are mortal enemies in the Middle East.  They are not on the same side of the war.  Beck:

“For years I have warned the world against turning a blind eye to those who run Iran. They are beyond radical Islamists. They, like ISIS are psychotic Islamists.

“When I predicted the rise of the caliphate, those who had not done their homework on what was really happening in the Middle East spent their time mocking me. Once again, I warn the American people and the people of the world again. This particular strain of Islamists, like ISIS, believe they can “hasten the return of the promised one”, and usher in the literal end times.

“No one in their right mind would sign treaties with a Christian country that believed these things. Remember, it does NOT require you to believe it, just that you fully understand that THEY believe it.

“What this president has done will be remembered as something far worse than Neville Chamberlain. It will only be a matter of time before millions cry out his name in despair and contempt. A Holocaust, perhaps bigger than the last, where millions of Christians and even Muslims who are not Muslim enough will die at the hands of the Islamic State.

“Anyone who believes ‪#‎lovewins‬ must let their voice be heard. This is a nation that denies homosexuality even exists in their country and they whip or kill any that they find. This is a country that is holding Americans in prison now for political or faith crimes. This is a nation that kills those who leave Islam and stone women.

“This is a sad day for the right of conscience and the freedom and safety of not only us but the entire world. It is a tragic day for our ally Israel.

“‪#‎neveragainisnow‬. It is time for good, decent and God fearing Americans stand and be counted. This deal yet again proves that our governments are not the solution to our problems. For me, my family and my team we will serve the truth and against injustice no matter the price. We will serve The Lord.

“This must not stand but you must.”

Was Saddam Hussein’s Body Stabbed On The Day Of His Death?

Sources claim that Talal Misrab – the head guard at Saddam Hussein’s tomb who helped in the burial – stated that Hussein’s body had stab wounds after he was executed.

Wikipedia states that the (late) head of Saddam’s tribe (the Albu Nasir tribe) and governor of Salaheddin, Sheikh Hasan al-Neda, denied this claim. According to The Independent, Mowaffak al-Rubaie, Iraq’s security advisor, stated, “I oversaw the whole process from A-Z and Saddam Hussein’s body was not stabbed or mutilated, and he was not humiliated before execution.”

Saddam’s body was buried in his birthplace of Al-Awja in Tikrit, Iraq, near family members, including his two sons Uday and Qusay Hussein, on December 31st, 2006 at 04:00 local time (01:00 GMT).  His body was transported to Tikrit by a U.S. military helicopter.

“He was buried about three kilometers (two miles) from his two sons in the same cemetery,” states The Independent (Irish edition).

The Independent (Irish edition) also writes that the head guard at Hussein’s tomb – Misrab – said that the body had six stab wounds.  Much of the information on the story comes from The London Times.

Mr. Misrab said that four of the wounds were in the late President’s front and two in his back. The guard alleged that 300 other people witnessed the injuries when the body was buried in the early hours of the morning, the day after Hussein was hanged.

The Independent also confirms that Saddam’s body was handed over from Iraqi Government possession to Sheikh Ali al-Nida, to be buried.

Saddam’s eldest daughter Raghad Hussein, under asylum in Jordan, had asked that “his body be buried in Yemen temporarily until Iraq is liberated and it can be reburied in Iraq”, said a family spokesperson to one of the sources. 

The family also said his body might be buried in Ramadi, citing safety concerns, though there are no plans to do this.

The Iraqi government also denies that any mutilation took place after the dictator was hanged on December 30, 2006, for crimes against humanity.

Another tribesman said that he had been told by Sheikh Ali al-Neda (the former head of Hussein’s tribe) that the body had stab wounds.

Sheikh Hasan al-Neda, the leader of Hussein’s tribe, also dismissed the suggestion that anyone had interfered with the body.

The circumstances of Hussein’s death are not in dispute, however.  His execution caused international outrage after leaked video footage showed that he was taunted by guards who chanted Shia Muslim slogans as the noose was placed around his neck, writes The Independent.

There was another amateur video that purports to show Saddam Hussein in an autopsy room on a gurney after his death.

An autopsy photo on the internet shows a gaping wound on the outer neck of Saddam.  It can be seen below:

Saddam Hussein hanged, December 2006

The home-made video supposedly taken at Hussein’s autopsy is also on the internet and can be seen at the link below:

https://reasonablyliberal.wordpress.com/2015/05/18/saddam-autopsy-footage/

Sources:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/11/01/Guard-says-Saddam-Husseins-body-stabbed/UPI-19981225553550/

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-east/saddams-body-stabbed-six-times-after-execution-26488924.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_of_Saddam_Hussein

http://upstart.bizjournals.com/multimedia/slideshows/2007/09/Phone-News.html

(Updated article)

Recent Spate Of Violence In Nigeria

null

Two bombs blamed on the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram exploded at a crowded mosque and a Muslim restaurant in Nigeria’s central city of Jos, killing 44 people, officials said on Monday.

The blasts on Sunday night came hours after a female suicide bomber blew herself up at a crowded evangelical Christian church service in the north-eastern city of Potiskum, killing at least five people, writes the British newspaper The Guardian.

Also on Sunday, extremists returned to north-eastern villages attacked three days earlier, killing nine villagers and burning down 32 churches and about 300 homes, according to the chairman of a self-defence group in Borno state.

The violence comes at the end of a week in which suspected Boko Haram insurgents killed more than 200 people, according to Reuters.

The spate of bloodshed prompted outrage and French President Francois Hollande said he was ready to hold a summit with regional leaders to coordinate the fight against Boko Haram.

The blast in Potiskum in the state of Yobe on Sunday came after an attack on the capital of neighboring Borno state on Friday, deadly raids in three towns during the week and suicide bombings along a highway.

The president, Muhammadu Buhari, said a slaughter of up to 150 Kukawa residents near Lake Chad on Wednesday by Boko Haram was a “heinous atrocity”. Several people who attended burials there, including a senior government official, said 147 bodies, including 22 children, had been interred.

Also last week in Borno, about 50 people were shot dead in nearby Monguno, 12 men were killed in a raid on Miringa and two suicide bombers killed another 10 alongside a highway.

The Defence Ministry said six suicide bombers had blown themselves up during the attack on the outskirts of Maiduguri on Friday, killing a soldier and “scores” of civilians, writes Reuters.

http://time.com/3946134/terrorism-boko-haram-nigeria-radical-islam-caliphate-suicide-bombing/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/05/us-nigeria-boko-haram-idUSKCN0PF0D120150705

ISIS Attacks In Egypt?

Early Morning ISIS Attacks Leave Dozens of Egyptian Soldiers Dead

Update: The Times of Israel now puts the number at “over 70” people dead. 

A wave of attacks on the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt left at least 38 dead and dozens more injured this morning, writes Gawker.  The attacks were at Egyptian army checkpoints.

The New York Times puts the number of dead at 64 Egyptian troops.

According to the AP, the terrorist group ISIS has already claimed responsibility for the attacks on Facebook.

Also over the weekend, the Egyptian state prosecutor Hisham Barakat was killed at point blank range with a roadside bomb tied to an ISIS group.  The name of the ISIS group is the Sinai Province, writes Gawker.

Yesterday, President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi publicly promised to step up efforts against the group, apparently prompting a “swift response.”

The morning assault was reportedly launched by around 70 ISIS operatives, who used mortars, rocket-propelled grenades and car bombs in “near simultaneous assaults” on several army checkpoints.

According to the an Associated Press report:

“An Islamic State affiliate in Egypt claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s attacks, saying its fighters targeted a total of 15 army and police positions and staged three suicide bombings, two of which targeted checkpoints and one that hit an officers’ club in the nearby city of el-Arish.

“The authenticity of the claim could not be immediately verified but it was posted on a Facebook page associated with the group.

“Except for the attack at the officers’ club, the rest took place in the town of Sheikh Zuweid and targeted at least six military checkpoints, the officials said. The militants also took soldiers captive and seized weapons and several armored vehicles, they added, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with regulations.”

(Updated article)

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/07/01/world/middleeast/ap-ml-egypt.html?_r=0

Car-Bombs In Baghdad

Baghdad attack

Is ISIS in Baghdad, Iraq? At least 10 people were killed in bombings in Baghdad on June 27th. Some sources claim 12 have died.

In the deadliest attack, five people were killed and 13 wounded in a car bombing near shops selling car parts in southeastern Baghdad. Another bomb went off at an outdoor market on Baghdad’s eastern outskirts, killing three and wounding eight. An explosion at a fruit and vegetable market in southern Baghdad killed two people and wounded three, writes Radio Free Europe.

Meanwhile, the Iraqi Prime Minister – Haidar al-Abadi – announced on June 27th that security forces arrested Abdel Baqi al-Sadun, a senior official in Saddam Hussein’s former Baath Party.

Sources claim no one has as of yet claimed responsibility for the car bombings.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/deadly-blasts-hit-baghdad-fugitive-baathist-captured-20150628-00036

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2015/0627/Baghdad-bomb-blasts-targeting-public-places-kill-12-people

http://www.rferl.org/content/at-least-10-dead-in-baghdad-blasts/27097025.html

Suicide Bomber In Kuwait Identified As A Saudi Citizen

According to Al Jazeera, “Kuwaiti authorities say they have identified the suicide bomber of a Shia mosque as a Saudi citizen.”

The suicide bomber led an attack on Imam Sadiq mosque in al-Sawaber neighbourhood on Friday that left 27 people dead.

He was identified as a Saudi citizen, Kuwait’s interior ministry said on Sunday.

June 28th: Anniversary Of The End Of World War I

On June 28, 1919, the Allied leaders signed the Treaty of Versailles, which officially ended World War I, writes Business Insider.

With hardly any German involvement, the principal architects of the treaty – Britain’s David Lloyd George, Italy’s Vittorio Orlando, France’s Georges Clemenceau of France, and America’s Woodrow Wilson – adjusted Germany’s borders and demanded steep war reparations.

Germany finally paid off its World War I debt in 2010, according to Business Insider and the German magazine Der Spiegel.

That treaty, known as the “unhappy compromise,” had harsh terms laid out in 15 parts and 440 articles.

Those harsh terms reportedly gave rise to more German nationalism, which in turn gave Nazi leader Adolf Hitler a political platform, according to Business Insider.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/the-treaty-of-versailles-was-signed-96-years-ago-today-2015-6

Infamous Australian ISIS Terrorists Killed By Drone Strike

CNN claims that two infamous terrorists from Australia who have been fighting with ISIS have been killed by a drone strike.  A relative of the terrorists reported on it.

One man became infamous last year when he tweeted a picture of his 7-year-old son holding a severed head along with the sentence “That’s my boy.”

Khaled Sharrouf and Mohamed Elomar died in a drone strike in ISIS-controlled territory, according to Zaynab Sharrouf, 14, a relative of the two.

The teen is Khaled Sharrouf’s daughter and Elomar’s wife, having married 31-year-old Elomar, her father’s best friend, in March.

Australian media reported that the men were in the stronghold of Mosul, Iraq.  Australian authorities are working to confirm the deaths.

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott told CNN affiliate Channel 7 Wednesday there was a “high degree of confidence” that Elomar had been killed, but with regard to Sharrouf, “we can’t say.”

Sharrouf made the infamous tweet with his son.

It is unclear what nation the drone was from.