A five-year-old boy saved his mother’s life after dialing an ambulance after she collapsed in their home and suffered an epileptic fit.
Hayley Hayward, 25, had no idea she suffered from the condition. She woke up with the emergency services banging on her door and her face covered in blood, according to the U.K. Mirror.
It was later understood that she had fallen face first into her fireplace while watching TV with five-year-old Cameron and daughter Jayda and began having a seizure.
Cameron called an ambulance to his home in Gorton, England, before taking his three-year-old sister to another room so she did not witness the seizure.
Hayley was later diagnosed with epilepsy by doctors at the hospital.
“I woke up with a policeman banging on my door and he said my son had called an ambulance,” said Ms. Hayward.
“I said he wouldn’t have done that and he was looking at me as if he was in trouble – then I noticed my face was covered in blood.
“It’s just me and the kids at home so I’ve spoken to him about what to do in an emergency but I can’t believe how well he’s taken things on board.”